Interested? If you are, then you can download the application through the following steps:
- First you press the “Menu” button on your Blackberry phone. Locate the “Downloads” icon and click on the icon.
- After that, click on the “Blackberry App World” icon. Once again, press the ‘Menu” button on your Blackberry phone and click “Search”.
In the search box shown there, type “screen grabber free” and then press “Enter” key on your phone.
- When the Screen Grabber program appears on the screen, click the “Download” button and your Blackberry will download the program for you.
- After you have successfully downloaded and installed the program, you can start using it by pressing the Blackberry menu button and select “Screen Grabber”. After the screen shot, you will be presentied with the option to save the image or email it.
Screen Grabber saves the images of your screen shot in a small size so that it is easier to email and save. All your screen shot images will be saved in a new picture file called Screen Grabs. Another good news is that these files do not contain any Screen Grabber advertising or a watermark.
The application is very easy to use and it is compatible with many different Blackbery's models (from 8100 - 9981) as long as they are running OS version 4.5 or higher.
One of the drawbacks to this app is that you will be forced to load an ad after you grab an image, this ad will automatically be displayed after every screen shot you take and you can't cancel it out.
Another one is that when you try to click the Blackberry menu button from the home screen, you will not find an option to grab the home screen. So for the time being you can't grab your home screen using this application. But if you need to capture the home screen, here is a little trick to do that:
- Go to option - select screen/keboard - then change one of the convenience keys to capture it - go back to your home screen and press that key - done.