- Open Internet Explorer, in the Menu bar above, click on File and select “Import and Export” from the drop down menu, or in the toolbar click the “Add to Favorites” button and choose “Import and Export”.
- After that, you will be taken to the Export/Import Wizard screen. Click Next and select “Export Favorites” then click Next again until a box show up and you will see your Favorites list there. You’ll be asked which folder you want to export.
- Choose “Favorites” and in the next box that opens, you will be asked where you want to locate your backup to. Browse to the location where you want the backup file saved and click next. The wizard will automaticaly give your Favorites the filename of bookmark.htm.
- After you export the file into your selected place, click Next and you have successfully export your backup.
- Open IE browser and go to File > Import and Export > Next > choose Import Favorites > browse to where you put the backup file > select a destination folder for your favorites then click Next > click finish to start exporting.
Second method to backup Favorites in Internet Explorer:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Document and Settings\User name\Favorites.
- Copy the whole folder and keep it anywhere you like, and done.
- Simply replace the Favorite folder with your Favorite folder (the backup folder). Delete the existing first, and then copy your one there. If you copy the backup folder without removing the existing folder first, you are actually merging the link collections.