There are differences of opinion on whether installing Alexa Widget on blog or website can increase the Alexa rank. Some say no and Alexa itself did not mention this, alexa ranking of a website based solely on data from users who use the alexa toolbar. However, if you want to put Alexa widget on your Blogger here are the steps:
- Go to Alexa site-widgets webpage, you can click this link:
- Choose the widget you like and enter your site URL in the text box.
- Click the orange button ‘Build Widget’
- Copy the codes given and save it in your computer.
- Login to your Blogger using your username and password.
- On the dashboard click Layout.
- Paste your Alexa code inside the box provided, after that click SAVE.
- Move the element you have just made into the place you want.
- Dont forget to click SAVE on the top right.
Some people believe that adding alexa widget is actually slow down the loading of the site. For this reason, the Alexa widget is often placed at the end of the ssource code or underneath all the other stuff on the sidebar because websites load from the top down.